Friday night + Student Loan = Date Night.
Three years is a very long wait for a sequel, especially one as good as Kingsman.
I’ve never hugely been into action films, so when my boyfriend put Kingsman on once, I wasn’t expecting much. But with the funny one-liners and Eggsy in a suit, I couldn’t keep my eyes off the screen. So when we found out the second one was coming out this September, we were both so excited.
We don’t go to the cinema too often, purely because of how expensive it is, but also because we both had TV boxes (they don’t work anymore but we found some good websites to replace them) meaning we can watch new films at home. But it’s nice to have the cinema experience every once in a while (and obviously a Tango Ice Blast). When we find out that certain films were both wanting to watch are coming out, we plan to see them at the Cinema. For example, Finding Dory, The Girl on the Train after I’d read the book, and in December we are super looking forward to Pitch Perfect 3!!
The plot According to IMDB
When the Kingsman Headquarters are destroyed and the world is held hostage, the Kindman’s journey leads them to the discovery of an allied spy organization in the US. These two elite secret organizations must band together to defeat a common enemy.
So there’s only one thing I felt was wrong with this film, and that was the age limit, I definitely think it should have been higher, there are some inappropriate scenes, but I guess in this day and age, it’s normal for 15-year-olds to know about that kind of stuff.
- Channing Tatum and Taron Egerton. Do I need to say anymore?
- One Liners. There are so much more one-liners in this film. I felt as though they got a feel from the first film about what their audience liked, and what limits they can push it too, and upped the ante for this film. I was in stitches for the whole thing.
- The storyline. It was such a good storyline during the film, and I loved the way they introduced different/old characters, both from the first film and new.
- Bringing it back to the first film. There were quite a few lines and scenes in this film that went hand in hand with the first. The way they did them though was kind of sweet and really made you laugh/smile.
- Elton John. Elton was a cameo role but also more of a main character which was great and so funny. I was laughing so much at him.
- The Ending. The film ended in a similar way to the first, which made you think there’s going to be a third… fingers crossed.
There were other things that shocked me so much but due to how new this film is, I’m not going to give any spoilers.
I couldn’t recommend this film enough.
Obviously, you’ll have to watch the first film to enjoy the second, but that’s easily done as it’s on Netflix. Even though there’s a lot of action, it’s a film everyone can enjoy and comes more under the comedy genre than action.
The only problem I had was my fault. I bought the tickets online and accidentally bought the Thursday rather than Friday so we had to purchase the tickets again and ring customer service for a refund. Which FYI Cineworld customer service are PANTS. I was on hold for 15 minutes and then the man on the other end of the phone hardly spoke a word of English. Thankfully it all got sorted and I’m waiting for my refund.
All in all, we had a lovely date night, and I have a new favorite film. I can’t wait for it to come out on DVD, or even better, Netflix.
Bye for now xo